Cauliflower Pizza is one we’ve had on our list to try for ages and we finally made it recently. It’s a much healthier option than regular pizza and was surprisingly good. Also not difficult at all especially if you have a blender – we do and we use it most days. (A tip someone gave me was to leave it on your kitchen counter – that way you are more likely to use it). This recipe is based on this Cauliflower Pizza from Popsugar, You can leave out the cheese if you need to make a dairy free version and it still works well. Just top with your favorite toppings.
INGREDIENTS – 5 servings
- 600g cauliflower (2 small heads)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 280g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 50g tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- black pepper
- meats e.g. ham, chorizo, parma ham
Carbs: 4g approx per serving (The topping has minimal carbs so add more to this number for different toppings)
Phase: Phase 2 onward
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Grate the cauliflower using a blender or grater
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. You may need to do this in two batches. Let cool.
- Mix in the eggs, cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into two half inch thick round (or square) shapes on the baking tray.
- Brush with olive oil
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the toppings and cook for another 10 minutes