This low carb broccoli quiche recipe is adapted from one on the Atkins US site. It would be perfect with some salad for lunch or is a great breakfast option too. It could be made in a muffin tin for an on-the-go meal or snack.
INGREDIENTS – 6 servings
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml double cream
- 130 ml water
- 125 g grated cheese
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Carbs: 3.4 g approx per serving
Phase: Suitable for all phases
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush a pie dish with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add white onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool.
- Add eggs to onion and lightly beat. Whisk in cream, water, half of the grated cheese, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper to blend.
- Cover bottom of pie dish with broccoli. Pour egg mixture over it and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean and quiche is golden brown, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Alternatively, these may be baked in a greased muffin tin for 15-20 minutes until fully set.